Friday, March 20, 2020

Re-editing, Despite Coronavirus!

The virus is spreading even further day by day. There are more and more positive cases being discovered. Luckily, my family and I have stayed safe from it thus far. We have been staying mostly in our home, away from social interaction with others who may be infected. This virus is very serious. I feel as though we will be off from attending physical school for longer than projected as of right now. I pray that the spreading slows or comes to a complete stop. It is affecting not only people, but governments, economies, and so many other entities. We are seeing tremendous measures being taken nationwide, as well as globally

It has been difficult to stay completely calm under all of this commotion. With my focus on keeping good health , it has been hard to focus on my school work. My group members and I have not been able to meet up to re-film the scenes that need re-filming due to the social distancing that is so heavily being encouraged, and the policies being put in place in our state. I have, however, done other things to continue to work on this project. One of these had been continuing to edit the footage we already have, and beginning to re-edit certain things. I had my group member Jada email me what we have of the project thus far, and on my computer I have been able to do some editing. I downloaded an editing software program that allows me to make edits to the clips. Looking back at when I got my project peer reviewed, I fixed some things that were suggested for me to fix. I went back to some of the transitions that we had in between certain scenes and changed them. I slowed certain transitions down and sped others up. Doing this allowed for the project to flow more smoothly overall. I also turned down the music throughout the film, as was suggested. The dialogue is able to be heard more clearly now that that has been done. I plan to do more editing so long as I am at home during this virus.


No comments:

Post a Comment