Monday, March 9, 2020

Finally Getting My Project Reviewed!

As I wrote about in my previous blog post, the day of peer editing did not go as planned for my group and I. My group member Jada was absent, and she had our project on her laptop. I contacted her during class to se did she could send it to me so that I could have it peer reviewed, but unfortunately it wasn’t sending over through email. So, on the day of peer reviews I was not able to have my group’s project reviewed and critiqued.

However, I thought of a way I could at least get some feedback on what we have compiled thus far. Over the weekend, my friend came over to my house to hang out. I asked her if she could sit with me for a few minutes to help me with this, and she agreed. First I had her watch what we have of the project so far. Then, I had her discuss her thoughts on it with me. Prior to letting her watch it I asked that she take note of anything she thought we could improve or change to make the film better.

As she was watching it, I noticed and took note of her facial expressions. When she finished watching I asked her what she thought. She told me that overall she really liked what we had so far. I asked her if there was anything she thought we should change, fix, or rearrange and she said that there were a few things she noticed we could do to make it better. There was one scene she pointed out, seen in the picture below, that she claimed was a little shaky. She suggested that we reshoot that scene when we do reshoots and re-edits. Another thing she mentioned was that the song that we have playing in the entirety of the film could be turned down a bit more, especially in scenes that contain dialogue among the characters. Moreover, she also pointed out that some of the transitions could be a bit more smooth. I took note to go back and change certain transitions to make them more smooth when we do re-edits. Overall, she told me that what we have so far is looking good. Aside from having her watch and critique it, I also asked my mother to do the same. She enjoyed what we have also, and she pointed out some of the same things that my friend did. I will be sure to make those changes when we re-shoot and re-edit!

No comments:

Post a Comment