Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer Review: A Difficult Day

Tuesday in class was the first day to do peer reviews of our projects thus far. Our teacher assigned each of our groups another group or individual to meet with. We would sit with them and watch what they have for their project so far. They would do the same for us. There was a peer review sheet that had a checklist of the elements in the film so far. When reviewing the film, we were to check the elements that were present in the other group’s film.

On Tuesday, I faced some casualties. These casualties disabled me to have a successful peer review. First off, my group member Jada was not present and neither was my group member Derek. The main issue was that Jada was not present. Our film so far is on the iMovie editing program on her laptop. Since she was not present with the laptop, I had nothing and no way way of presenting our project to another group/individual for peer reviewing. Regardless of that I figured I could still review the film of the group we were assigned to because I could just do it myself. So, I looked on the board with the list of names assigned to each group. I read the name of the individual that my group was paired with and I didn’t know who it was. I went around the room asking who it was and no one was of much help to me. I called out the name pronouncing it as best I could and I received no answer. I came to the conclusion that the student may have been absent. So, unfortunately I was not able to have my project reviewed nor review someone else’s project on Tuesday. I plan to have it reviewed soon though. I contacted Jada and she expressed to me her reason for being absent and said she would be present the next class. So I hope to get our film reviewed very soon in order to have insight about what we can fix or change. That way we will make our film the best it can be. The checklist includes some necessary camera angels and shots we will need in our film. The picture uploaded below is of the common camera angles, movements, and shots that are good to have in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment