Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing Blog

Today in class we were undergoing the process of editing. When we all walked into class, we sat down and Ms. Cats informed us that there was an issue. The computers were all shut, and our editing program, Pinnacle Studios, was down. What did that mean for us? Well, unfortunately that meant that we could not begin to edit the footage we recorded during the filming process. Since we could not edit today on the computers in the classroom, we have to wait until they are back up and running again. They should be up by next class, and then we will be able to start the process of editing all of our footage. Since we could not start the process, the first thing I had to do was dump all of our footage onto the computer. The reason I did this was because we had to put all of our footage onto an SD card to make sure none of it got lost and we could go back and start editing when the computers were back up and running. After I dumped all of our footage and before we took the SD card out of the computer, my group and I reviewed some of our scenes.

The first scene we reviewed was the one with the Nike Air Force Ones. We saw that we had to go back and actually re-film the scene because it did not turn out the way we wanted it to. Since the computers were down, we had the opportunity to use the free time it re-film scenes that needed to be re-filmed and film scenes we had not gotten to film the previous class. During this, I was in charge of the camera work for the Nike Slides scene. Before I began to film, I made sure the setting was all clear to film. I made sure the lighting was good and that nothing or no one was in the background interrupting the shoot. As the director of the scene, I instructed the actors on how to position themselves in the scene before I filmed. When I pressed record, I filmed the scene. I involved tilts and I zoomed in and out on the actor and the apparel she was wearing to put emphasis on the brand of our commercial. I had to film the scene about seven times before I got one I was satisfied with that I thought we be perfect for the commercial. Each take, I realized something that I would do different the next take. Because of these realizations, I was able to fix the mistakes I was making each time I recorded to get the perfect take.

Once my group and I got back from recording the scenes we had not finished the class before, we headed back to class. When we got back, we realized that one of our group members had brought her laptop. This was perfect because considering the computers were down in the classroom, we could uno our footage onto her laptop and begin the digging process. We had little time, however, to edit because once we got back there was not much time left in the class. I inserted the camera into the laptop and I dumped the footage onto her laptop. The program we will be using on her laptop will be iMovie. When I dumped the footage, my group and I reviewed the takes that were the best and that we wanted to use in the commercial. We didn’t get much further than that for the siting process today due to the unfortunate circumstances of the computers today in class. Our computers our old and we experience technical difficulties like this frequently. Thankfully, someone in my group has their own laptop. So, incase a situation like this happens again, Jada my group member will have her laptop with her so that our progress will not be delayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment