Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

     Hello my name is Jahzenyah. So far this year in AICE Media Studies I have completed two projects. This will be my third. My group members for this project will be Jada and Derek. Our task is to come up with an idea for an entire film: beginning, middle, and end. We must brainstorm three different movie ideas, and write pitches for each one. Out of the three, we must decide on one to be our final pick. We will film the opening scene for the movie idea we choose.

     As mentioned previously, I have completed two filming projects this year. Through these projects, I have learned a lot about film production and developed a great deal of skills that I did not have before. These include camera work, such as angles and movement, acting, editing skills, and many more. Of these skills, I have noticed that my acting has become my strongest. It has developed greatly. I have experienced what it is like to play the lead role of a film. Due to being under pressure, my skill to act has enhanced tremendously. First, I acted in a commercial, then a music video, and now I will be acting in an opening scene for a movie. I am very excited to see what challenges I face and have to overcome while being filmed. Aside from acting, I am also very excited to put my editing skills to use once again. With this being my third project, my skills are pretty well developed, but I hope to advance them even further.

     For this project, my group and I will propose three pitch ideas. A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. Pitches tend to be one sentence long.

     In total, we have three complete pitch ideas. Our pitches are:

1. Boy wakes up feeling out of place and starts to question his reality. Realizing he’s in a simulation, he works to find his way out.

2. Girl held captive falls in love with her kidnapper. She knows it’s strange, but she can’t help it. Will she choose freedom, or love?

3. Friend group of five finally graduates high school. What’s next? Where will their paths take them? Will they remain the friend group they always been?




No comments:

Post a Comment