Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming 2: As Many Takes to Get Perfection!

Today we finally accomplished filming the first few scenes of our film! We decided over the weekend that since we were not able to film, we would do it today after school. We all met up once the bell rang and headed to our group member Jada’s car. When we arrived at the house, we began to set up the equipment. I grabbed the tripod and bang to pull down the poles. I adjusted the poles to the height for needed for the first scene. The first scene I filmed was an ariel shot above the actor laying in the bed. I placed and locked the camera onto the tripod. Then, I stood on top of the bed, bringing the tripod onto the bed with me. I pushed the camera so that it was facing downward and it became an ariel shot. We shot this scene multiple times until Derek opened his eyes and looked at the camera the  way we wanted him to. After a few takes, we finally got the right take.

Next, we moved on to the next scene. After we filmed the next few scenes, it was time to move into the final scene of the day. I took the tripod and camera downstairs to the living room. I readjusted the poles to the height needed. Then, I told Derek where to be and what to say for the take. I also told our other actor what his lines would be. I pressed the recording button and said “Action!” We had to film that scene about 15 times. It was really funny because our actors kept laughing and forgetting their lines. I gave them some advice on how to say their lines to make them more effective. I also told them what gestures to do. We finally got some good takes. Our first official day of filming was a success. I got better at handling the camera and creating effective tilts and pans with the camera on the tripod.


No comments:

Post a Comment